promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Tiffany asked in TravelCaribbeanJamaica · 1 decade ago

Wedding Dresses?

I am getting married in Jamaica Aug 28, Its going to be really hot and i didn't buy a wedding dress, i bought a beuitful white holter dress, soo pretty, Is that bad? I was looking at the reviews on tripadvisory and looking at peoples wedding and alot of people wore wedding dresses...Aug is the hottest month in jamaica...

Ladys help..lol..

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Chances are that the wedding dresses you saw were worn by Jamaicans or persons with Jamaican heritage. As long as it is a first wedding, most Jamaicans are going to wear a white wedding dress, complete with veil and all, even if they have already had several children. It is just their culture. They are used to the climate. If they were visitors, it's just proof that it is not that hot. If you want to wear a wedding dress do go ahead. It won't be so hot that you will be miserable. If it's outdoors you will have the breezes and if it is indoors the venue will be air-conditioned. My thoughts are that you choose a dress which you love, AND you look lovely in, halter or not it doesn't matter; it is how you feel about yourself on your wedding day. All that will be captured in your photos and these are what you will be showing your friends, children and grandchildren in the future.

If you change your mind about what to wear make sure you bring your dress. The selections in Jamaica are limited. Also, don't forget the pre-marital counselling bit!......... very, very important. I wish for you and your husband-to-be long life and complete happiness always.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Wedding dresses come in hundreds of shades of white. In terms of general categories, you’ll find “diamond white,” also known as “silk white,” and light, medium, and dark ivory, but these vary quite a bit depending on the designer. Most gowns don’t actually come in pure white, which is good because it washes out all but the darkest skin tones. Sometimes the material also has an unbecoming bluish cast. Diamond white, which is a little creamier, is the most popular choice and looks great with most complexions. Light ivory is also fairly universally flattering. If you’re pale, medium to dark ivory can provide a nice contrast that will help brighten up the skin. Always try on dresses in a few different shades to determine what looks best on you.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Hi, sweetie, it is really hot wearing a wedding dress in Aug. But I know there are some shop selling summer wedding dresses or beach wedding dresses. These wedding dresses are shorter and lighter than ordinary wedding dresses. What is more, this kind of wedding dress is also beautiful and pretty. I think a beautiful summer wedding dress is a good choice.

• 1 decade ago

FYI -august isnt the hottest month of all in jamaica - now is the hottest time in jamaica and things kinda get cooler in late august to make way for the rainy time. I bet it will be mostly cloudy and not all that hot - probably a bit windy too.

It also depends on the time you gonna have the wedding and if its outside on the beach - to avoid the heat you should opt for a a wedding at about 3:30-4pm. its normally much cooler at that time of day here in jamaica

good luck.

Source(s): experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Oh, sweetie.....there can't possibly be anything 'bad' about anything that YOU choose to wear on such a special day of love and comittment.

As others have said well on here in response to your question, the lighter the clothes, the more comfortable you'll be. You certainly don't want to think back to how much you were sweating during your wedding and imagine the pics..lol You wear whatever it is your heart desires and luxuriate in a special day that you will literally remember forever...forever.

All the best and good luck and love.!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lol.. well if its going to be super hot then u wouldn't want to buy a wedding dress and be sweating a ton!! that would suck! so yeah i think that the halter dress should be perfect!! and then you can get some pretty heels and some nice jewelry or whatever :] congratulations!!!

• 1 decade ago

We go to Sandals in Negril often. You made the right choice. You dress will be just perfect! Congrats!

• 1 decade ago

Do what you want! the less fabric the better on the beach if you ask me! Heck i'd wear a white bikini!!

• 1 decade ago

You want to be comfortable on one of the most important days of your life. If you are happy with it.....GO FOR IT!!

CONGRATS.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it is your wedding girl do what you want! i would not want to where a 500# dress either...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.