What is the difference between a remanufactured ink cartridge and a refilled ink cartridge?

When remanufacturing an ink cartridge does one simply refill a spent ink cartridge, or is there more involved in it than that?

• elly r
    Favorite Answer

remanufactured cartridges are *usually* refilled after the sponge (if applicable) and any electronic parts are replaced. now, keep in mind some companies do indeed only refill them (rhinotek, i'm looking at you) and that's really a crappy thing to do.

refillers like the one i work for just refill the cart and hand it back to you. usually we will test it first to make sure it still works :P

Source(s): refill for a living
  • Lisa

Remanufactured cartridges have been refilled with ink and are quite a bit cheaper than new ones. Printer makers like HP don't recommend them, but then of course they want people to buy their more expensive new cartridges.

I would stick with the regular ink cartridges because the refillable ones are a rip off.

remanufactured opens the cases and makes sure the springs are replaced and cleans it up and refills...

refilled is ink only

remanufactured = rebuilt

refilled = ink put back into used cartridge

referbished = can mean *alot* of things

Um, I think the difference between new and refurb? $20.00

I am all about the refurb I hate to spend a bunch on ink.

The only real dirrerence is they will give you a false empty

notification, why? because tehy actually have a memory and a batterie in them that tells the pc when they "should" be empty.

Just use it till its dead and go get a large pepperini adn italian sausage (a few Jalapinos on the side) and a 6 of Miller Lite, or a cpl 40's of Malt...........................

Source(s): Been there wasted the money

the remanu has had the computer cards swapped out.

its the same thing

I have no idea. sorry.:)