Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

i have a bichon frise and i think the world of him but he's beginning to be very dirty pissing everywhere.

i let him out in the mornings and in the evening but he still manages to be dirty. has anyone any advice

Favorite Answer

My mother has a Bichon also and he does the same thing, as well my aunt has two of them who do this also when they are left alone. All three are neutered males, from the same litter.

However I have heard that this is a common thing for this breed.

and there isn't really much you can do about it because they only do it when you aren't home. What my mother does is she put a baby diaper on her dog before she leaves(I know sounds strange but it saves the furniture.) She raps the diaper around his waist with the Velcro tabs at the top. Her dog is 13 years old now but she has been doing this for the past few years and it works.

Hi there matey, I also have had this same horrid prob with my Westie Charlie. Male dogs are well known for leaving their scent anywhere and on anything possible. The only effective way is to have his dangly bits snipped (neutered). The op costs £100 and he can be in and out within a few hours. He might give you the odd dirty look afterwards but, you will save yourself the hell of clearing up after him every five mins!!!

The vets carry out this type of op all the time, its really safe for your pissing dog. I really wish you all the best, Bichon Frise are really adorable. Best Wishes with regards Sarah-Jane.

what does he do during the day? Is he alone, someone there to play? Crate training and more walks should help. Also, if he is a puppy he might try to be the pack leader and show dominance right now. You will have to control that, or the pup will do whatever he wants to. Keep reading in this answer section, there are very good answers for many problems or questions....Good Luck !

For one thing twice a day is not enough for potty time. You gave no info. How old is he? Has he been neutered? When was his last vet check up? If he's old he might be getting incontinent. If he's young and intact he may be marking and neutering will help. he could be having urinary tract problems, not being taken out to pee often can lead to this. Any of these prob;ems can be helped with vet care...

If you only let him out in the mornings and evenings, sure he is going to pee all over. Let him out more. If you do catch him peeing on something give him a firm "NO" or "Naughty" and let him out. Do not ever hit your dog. It can make the problem worse. Make sure to clean the spot where your dog peed or he will keep going in the same place.

Source(s): Pom and Bichon breeder

I think you should find the poor dog a new home or do some fast reading on how to care for it. Dogs dont go just 2 times a day. You need to spend alot of time with it and always take it out after a meal and when it wakes up.

What about the rest of the day? Dogs are only dirty, once they get out of puppyhood, if the owner doesn't give him the opportunity to get outside.

Please take him to the vet. You did not mention his age, but senior dogs have a tendency to pee wherever they happen to be for a number of reasons. He no longer has good bladder control, arthritis may be making it difficult for him to make it outside in time, or he may have failing kidneys. You need to let him outside more than twice a day, especially if you are allowing him to have as much water as he wants. Otherwise, he may need retraining.

get her spayed it should help and take im for more walks and keep an eye on him when hes out and you can give him more baths dog hair is like ours yiu can wash it when ever i wash my dogs every week cause she has a skin problem so i have to bath her regular

Source(s): i have a 6 year old terrier named brandy

the dog needs to be outside a lot more than that. have you thought of taking him for a couple of walks everyday?