martha b asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

which is better for a mid morning snack raisins or almonds?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • caba
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I believe a handful of almonds would be the better snack because of the protein. That should help satisfy your hunger until lunch. I believe it's better for you to have fruit with a meal instead of as a snack (unless it's with a protein - like a granny smith apple with peanut butter). If you have fruit by itself as a snack then it would make a jump in your blood sugar, which would make you hungry sooner. Having a protein for a snack will keep you more level and satiated until lunch.

• 1 decade ago

Almonds.

• 1 decade ago

Definitely almonds. Raisins are very high in sugar and have very little nutrtitional value. Almonds contain protective nutrients - calcium and magnesium - for strong bones as well as vitamin E.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nothing.

Eat only when hungry and not more than thrice a day. Nothing other than water in between. Include plenty of uncooked vegetables and fruits in each meal, preferably 50%. Chew each morsel at least 32 times to activate ur body to generate signals of hunger/fullness. Obey these signals.

Take light exercises and brisk walks regularly preferably twice a day.

U will achieve what u have not even dreamt and that too in a reasonable time. Do not be in a hurry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Almonds: they are a great source of natural fats that your body requires, and they kill the craving for sweets. Keep in mind that you only need 10 or so almonds though. They are very high in fat and calories and it doesn't take many to get what you need from them.

As for raisons, they aren't bad for you, but they are a bit high when it comes to calories and they don't really have any nutritional value.

• 1 decade ago

Almonds all the way.

• 1 decade ago

I say almonds

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.