What can any one tell me about a 20 gauge western Field shot gun?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
It is a single barrel shot gun with the #'s 10587XI stamped behind the trigger. The barrel says (20 gauge choke bore barrel and lug forged in one). Any thing any one can tell me ...show more
Best Answer
Western Field was the house name used by Montgomery Ward for pretty much all their branded firearms. They could have been made by any of close to a half dozen manufacturers over the years.

Can you post a pic? We can help you further once we can see the model.

Barring that, you can check gunbroker.com and see if you can find anything like yours.
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (2)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • nickdc1960 answered 7 years ago
    I agree with the answers...Western Field was the house brand for Monkey Wards. If you have a single barrel break-action 20 gauge, it was probably made by either Winchester or H&R (most likely H&R). Depending on the condition, they are worth between $40 and $100 to most people that hunt.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • sliwil answered 7 years ago
    I agree. I have a 12 guage side by side Western Field and they were functional but I don't believe very expensive guns. They were carried by Montgomery Ward and I doubt any of them are of much monetary value, but could make a good shooter.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock