Lost In Vast asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

My puppy got a cut in her eye, should I take her to the vet?

She was obviously rough housing with the other dogs. She has a cut i'm not sure where exactly it's bleeding. I flushed her eye out with water...but should I take her to a vet to get something to help prevent an infection? Or should she be ok? She's in discomfort, but she is not yelping from pain. Her eye was completely filled with blood.

Just to add to this, my boyfriend and I have been arguing back and fourth for a good 10 minutes over whether or not she should see a vet. I said absolutely, he says she'll be fine. I'm trying to let him see what other people have to say so he can understand this could be a dire situation.

Favorite Answer

YES! YES! omg! take her there immediatly

Filled with blood? Yes, get her to the vet, an infection could cost her that eye iof not treated, the vet can give you an ointment for the eye, it'll be sorted out in no time.

Take Her IMMEDIATLY She Could Get Blind Infection Isn't The Only Problem Fast Take Her! (Her Lifes On The Line The Same Thing Happened To My Dog)

• D

Of COURSE you should take her to the vet! What is the matter with you? Do you think profuse bleeding is normal? This is her EYESIGHT we are talking about.

In fact I would call the emergency vet right away. This is part of the responsibility of pet ownership.

Get that puppy to the vet now! And stop wasting time on the stupid computer.

This could be serious resulting in permanent blindness. You need to take your puppy to your vet. You can't undo something you didn't do. If it's a minor injury, the vet will tell you. If it's major injury, you very well could save you puppy's sight in that eye. Go, NOW!

Yes, take her to the vet. I hope you're joking because I can't believe you needed to ask this question! If her eye is filled with blood get her to the vet. I'm sure if it were your eye you wouldn't be on Yahoo Q&A....;~(

Well i luv dogs and i think you DEFINITELY need to take your dog 2 a vet. Just imagine if you got your eye cut(Just 4 example) im sure you'd want 2 see a Vet. So do your pup a favor, take her!!

yea even if its not bleeding anymore she could get other stuff in it and it could get infected. and it could get to the point to where they might have to take her eye out b/c of and infection. if its still filled with blood then you do have to take it as soon as possible. if your vet is not open take it to the nearest emergency vet.

Yes of course you should take her to the Vet. Now.

Good Luck

That is bleeding from the inside of her eye not outside. hurry and take her to the vet as soon as possible.

get her to the vet NOW find an emergency vet. she is in PAIN not discomfort & water probably irritated it even more.

you need to vet the dog & dump the boyfriend. he is uncaring & irresponsible