Did you quit smoking cigs. ?

If you were a smoker and quit, what worked for you ? Was it easy or hard ?

If you did stop smoking. ****** congratulations ********

I do smoke and just wanted real peoples experience with quiting. Thanks

• Cheryl
    Best Answer

I just quit smoking three months ago after ten years of smoking. I quit using Chantix it is a new drug that is prescribed and is intended to take away the pleasure that a cigarette gives you. I would recommend it to anyone i encouraged two other girls to quit smoking right after me and all three of us are still cig free. I thought at first it was hard i still wanted cigs well after i started taking the drug but soon realized the feeling of wanting one will never go away.

• Sarah

Natural Quit Smoking Magic

I quit a year ago and hate the smell of it. I read a great book by Allen Carr called the Easy Way to Quit Smoking. It made the process easier because I was ready to quit but couldn't believe I could without the gum or the patch. If you're thinking about it find a copy and then decide.. Good luck to you!

Used to smoke. I went to a class to help me quit. It wasn't easy. If you can get pass the first couple of weeks it gets a little easier. Just have to have the will power and really want to quit. Good luck

Yes, smoked for years but quit, last one was on New Year's Eve 1998. My New Year's Resolution was to quit & stay quit. It worked. The first three days were hard, but after that it got quite easy. For years, though, now & then I'd find myself reaching for that pocket where I used to keep them.

I used gum. I also faced all my triggers head on during the first month so I could break the association with cigs. i.e. I made myself do everything smoke free that I associated with cigs, even drinking. It was tough, but not for too long.

Quit Smoking Cigarette With QuitSmokingMagic - http://Go.QuitSmokingMagics.com

What worked for me was tapering off so I was smoking much less than a pack a day.

When I quit I was on vacation so I didn't have work stress to bother me.

After the first few days I hardly mised them.

Fortunately I never liked smoking or got into it. ( I did have a little flirtation with clove cigs, but luckily I never got hooked on the regular ones. If you are trying to quit, good luck to you!

I still smoke but I have to quit in a few months so that I can get my wisdom teeth removed.