tobysmom328 asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Do siamese cats like to have another cat around?

I have a 7 month old siamese and he was recently at my bf's house where his mom has 4 cats. He hit it off with one of them and they played all day. He tends to have a ton of energy and its hard to get him to calm down unless he just woke up. Should I bring his mom's cat up to my place for him?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • KM
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If he got along fine with those cats getting him a playmate sounds great. Cats around that age usually have the big body of an adult cat but the energy of a kitten so they can really reek havoc. Another young and playful cat is a good idea.

• 1 decade ago

I have a Siamese (blue point female) who is now about 6 or 7 months. Me & my bf got another male kitten around the same time. Both kittens are around the same age. It took them a few days to get used of each other, but now their fine together. They run around, play, cuddle up with each other to sleep and they even groom each other.

I've heard its best to introduce them at an early age and preferably around the same age to another cat.

Once cats are older and you introduce a new cat they can be a bit aggressive because now they have a new cat invading their territory.

I would think they would adjust after a few days with each other, but you never know.

Well whatever you decide on, Good Luck!

Siamese are great cats in my experience.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I had a Siamese and I had another cat and they got along and the Siamese cats seem to enjoy other cats company.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its always a good thing to have your cat around another cat because if its not around other cats while it young it will grow up not liking other cats. So it would be good to bring the mom home or get another kitten close to its age so it will have someone to play with.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I've heard of Siamese cats eating wool because they are lonely. Most cats like to have a companion a bonus is they don't get fat.

Source(s): cat owner of fourteen years
  • 1 decade ago

hi, Ive kept Siamese my whole life. they are as you know very affectionate and crave attention all the time. most react well to having a play mate. they are a sociable breed and being on there own often upsets them. a play mate is a great idea, they bond well to other cats and will solve lonely probs as well when you go to work. get him a friend.

qualified veterinary nurse UK

• 1 decade ago

If he likes other cats, it will probably work. Neutered male cats especially seem to like the company of another cat to play with.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I own 3 siamese cats and they all adore each other! They always sleep snuggled up together its really sweet ^.^

• 1 decade ago

Cats love to have buddies but its really hard to find ones that they get along with right away. If you found one that he likes, bring it home. They need company when you aren't home.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.