OMG! Please, serious advice only! Very long, sorry!?

Ok I need both the male and female perspective (which I kinda know which way this might go) Long story short, I have been seeing this boy (and I say boy, he is 26, I am in my 30s.) We have a ton of laughs and the physical side is wonderful. However, due to his lagging, just showing up late (now granted we did... show more Ok I need both the male and female perspective (which I kinda know which way this might go)

Long story short, I have been seeing this boy (and I say boy, he is 26, I am in my 30s.) We have a ton of laughs and the physical side is wonderful. However, due to his lagging, just showing up late (now granted we did not "agree" to a meeting time, but cmon you talk to the person and say see you soon and show up three hours later????) I basically got turned off and told him we could only be friends as I could not see myself being intimate with someone who totally disrespects my time.

He gave every excuse under the book (it is mostly his family holding him up, yes, he still lives with his family, I KNOW!) but last night I was fed up and told him what a loser he his and he is going nowhere. Now I am NOT materialistic, I just see he is basically dependant on his family for everything (works with his dad) and is just YOUNG! But he is a VERY nice person and he has a good heart.
Update: Sorry so long. Ok so SHOULD I even give him a chance to not be such a lagger. He has said he would get it together, but CAN these type of guys grow up? I hate to be the one to give the sort of ultimatum, but I don't even want to hang out with him because his loserness is a turn off and I know if we try to... show more Sorry so long. Ok so SHOULD I even give him a chance to not be such a lagger. He has said he would get it together, but CAN these type of guys grow up? I hate to be the one to give the sort of ultimatum, but I don't even want to hang out with him because his loserness is a turn off and I know if we try to hang out as friends he will still have feelings for me.

Thanks for listening!!!