History of Lebanon?
Can U tell me in a very short lines a brief clear history of Lebanon starting from 1900 ?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
till 1916- Lebanon is part of the Ottoman Empire
1921 to 1941 - French Mandate
1943 - Lebanon constitution is established.
1943 - Independence.
1967 - The PLO operates in Lebanon
1975 to 1990 - Civil war.
Israel and Syria invade Lebanon.
2000 - Israel withdraws from South Lebanon
2005 - Hariri is assassinated. Syria leaves Lebanon.
2006 - July war.
Present - Two opposed groups are struggling for power, one that is backed by the USA and which accuses Syria of assassinating Hariri (14 march alliance), and another that is backed by Iran and Syria and which accuses the USA of meddling in Lebanese affairs (8 march alliance).Source(s): Check this link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/country_pro...
- SmuttyLv 61 decade ago
- Before 1916 Lebanon was part of the Ottoman empire
- In 1916 Lebanon became part of the French Mandate
- 1920 the state of Great Lebanon was declared by the Frenchies
- 1926: The Lebanese Republic was born (the first republic in the Arab world)
- 1943: Lebanon gains its independence
- 1975: Civil war breaks in Lebanon
- 1981: Smutty was born in Beirut, the first blue monster
- 1982: Israelis invade Lebanon and its capital falls
-1990: Syrians who where in control of large portions of Lebanon were given the green light by USA to overthrow General Aoun and take control of the country
- 2002: Smutty graduates with a Diploma in Applied Mathematics
- 2005: Syrians withdraw from Lebanon under International pressure
- 2006: Smutty clashes with neighbours several times over issues of parking spaces
Hope this helps.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
short line brief history.
Empires, occupations, wars, and destruction devour the soul of lebanon, yet the 10452km2 managed to survive and make it out alive to the 2007 era.
- GhanougeLv 41 decade ago
1900 was when my great great grandmother met my great great grandfather, they got married and had my great grandmother
in 1955 great grandmother met my great grandfather and got married
in 1980 my dad met my mom and the got married
in 1982 i was born
in 2007 im writing this
So thats pretty much of my lebanese history, though the exact dates are not quit clear for me, hope i helped out !!Source(s): gh
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
Well, I recommend using:
any of these will work
- JOSHLv 41 decade ago