What variation of Tropical Fish would you put in a 55 gallon tank?

Hi all! I asked a question before regarding the fish I had wanted to put in, but that was shot down. LoL. I was set on goldfish, and was told NO NO NO! hahaha. So I would JUST LOVE to hear some of you give me some lists of quantities and types that you would house in a 55 gallon. I am interested in COLORFUL arrays... show more Hi all! I asked a question before regarding the fish I had wanted to put in, but that was shot down. LoL. I was set on goldfish, and was told NO NO NO! hahaha. So I would JUST LOVE to hear some of you give me some lists of quantities and types that you would house in a 55 gallon. I am interested in COLORFUL arrays and varieties of fish and diversity as well. Nothing boring for this tank...hee hee. And if you can bare a few more details on cycling, feeding, and care because this tank is set up and ready but empty...and I am new at this ;) Thanks!! Muah