Which Department Store / Retailer cards are easiest to get? I'm trying to rebuild, but not having luck...?

I've read so many entries here that I have a headache, but I still no answers. I'm 31, rebuilding bad credit from up to 13 years ago (college), and am waiting for my credit report to arrive. Was recently denied an apartment (no evictions, etc.) and now am on a mission to clean up. I have no open credit... show more I've read so many entries here that I have a headache, but I still no answers.

I'm 31, rebuilding bad credit from up to 13 years ago (college), and am waiting for my credit report to arrive. Was recently denied an apartment (no evictions, etc.) and now am on a mission to clean up. I have no open credit accounts, other than prepaid or debit cards, & a TMobile phone. I have checking & savings accounts. I need to get some open credit lines to build. Last Checked, FICO was around 500, 3 years ago.

I've searched several retailers' info, and some barely even list any requirements. None so far have a posted FICO requirement.
Two have listed that, for online applications, I must provide another major credit card as a reference. Will my prepaid or my debit card count for that requirement? Do I have to do that if you apply in person? (those two were Macy's and Victoria's Secret)

Any Suggestions, preferably from those in the credit biz?
Update: NOTE: Please don't bother mentioning First Premier, Orchard Bank, etc., nor secured accounts, as I am already working on these. I spent 6 hours reading other answers here and already know about those. I am already piggybacking someone else, too. If anyone knew their FICO and applied for store cards, and... show more NOTE: Please don't bother mentioning First Premier, Orchard Bank, etc., nor secured accounts, as I am already working on these. I spent 6 hours reading other answers here and already know about those. I am already piggybacking someone else, too.

If anyone knew their FICO and applied for store cards, and were denied/accepted I'd like to know what happened. I'm trying to get an idea of which are the easiest to get, so I can apply for one, and then if I don't get it, I know that I need to continue building for 6-12 months and try again.

I appreciate all the other help, too, but I'm not looking for MC/Visa info. Thanks!