itchy scalp?? could it be from sunburn?

i went to the beach about 1 week ago.... i got burnt everywhere that wasnt covered(yes i used sunblock)

i had my hair parted down the middle (no sunblock or hat on my head) and it got burned.

i have dandruff anyway and have been using nizoral for the last few months which really cleared it up... no problems since

i noticed last night that my head was very itchy and very flaky.i washed my hair twice and i still had flakes!!

i rinsed my hair fot TEN minutes tonight and they wont go away

is it possible that my scalp is peeling from the sunburn? any suggestions/helpful hints would be greatly appreciated/

thanks

btw, ive used head n shoulders in the past and it didnt help.....

i wash my hair almost everyday and if i cant;i do it every other day

and when i wash i use nizoral

Favorite Answer

Yeah, sounds like it's just from the sunburn. I have the same problem. I work outside on the weekends and I can't wear a hat - I try not to wear parts, but I have gotten sunburns. The peeling/flakes was different than my normal dandruff flakes - they were bigger (gross, I know) and I could feel the pain of the fresh scalp underneath. I didn't find anything to help with it, though - I just kept using the T-Sal shampoo that I usually use. Maybe try using a hairdryer to blow the flakes out if you don't dry your hair that way already.

Let me know if YOU find anything that works!

Good luck!

yea its pry the sunburn. i'm not really sure what helps it go away. you could put normal sunburn stuff on it like aloe vera i think? and i guess in the future try to wear a hat! sorry

and good luck!

If you have dandruff then you will have continuous itching. Wash the hair regularly with shampoo. I had too much dandruf and lost lot of hair and became half bald. Then I started washing hair daily and twice in a week with shampoo and now it (dandruf)has just vanished.