Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

All this talk about torri hunter leaving minnesota next yr, do you think Jason Tyner has a chance to start?

i live in rochester so i followed jason tyner through all his AAA career with the red wings

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i saw Tyner play in Chicago last year he will be better than Hunter...once he gets some major league experince under his belt he will be a great addition for the Twins

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hunter is gone for sure but I don't think Tyner will be the Twins first choice for centerfield considering the number of free agent centerfielders that will be available for 2008.

A lot of things would have to fall Tyner's way in order for him to be the starter in 2008.

• 1 decade ago

He's got a shot at it. But they might also try to sign someone else who better than Tyner but more affordable than Hunter's going to be. Not sure what outfielders are due to be free agents this Winter though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If Hunter leaves, there's a chance that he will start unless they sign a free agent. He won't be a match for Hunter defensively, but he can fly on the basepaths.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.