How exactly is the Live Earth concert helping to prevent global warming?

So, obviously, I don't know all the details on the concert, but i remember seeing it advertised on TV and thinking, "How is a concert going to help in the effort to prevent global warming?" I understand that a huge part of the concert has to do with raising awareness, but did that message really get... show more So, obviously, I don't know all the details on the concert, but i remember seeing it advertised on TV and thinking, "How is a concert going to help in the effort to prevent global warming?" I understand that a huge part of the concert has to do with raising awareness, but did that message really get across? It was a concert for goodness' sake, were there any long speeches involved, cuz I would think most people just went to enjoy the music and feel better about themselves(psh). I heard tickets were about $120 a person. Were the proceeds used for something? If so, what exactly? Is it the money that's supposed to help in this "fight" against global warming? HOW?! I just don't get it, and would appreciate some help. Sorry this is so long-winded. Thanks for your time :)