Spending a day in Washington D.C. with my boyfriend?

Does anyone have any good suggestions of stuff to do with my bf in Washington D.C. for a weekend afternoon? We're both under eighteen, so nothing too long-winded or w/e. I have been to D.C. many times before and know my way around pretty well, but I can't think of anything fun to do with someone else. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, my boyfriend has some leg problems, so nothing with too too too much walking, k?

Also, nothing too expensive, please.

Favorite Answer

The good news is a lot of DC is free.

The bad news is there is often a lot of walking involved.

Make sure to get a Metro Day pass. It's not widely advertised, but you can ride all day for one price. A great deal if you want to sight see.

I'd go to the top of the Washington Monument (romantic and it's an elevator ride)

Take in the movie at the American Indian Musuem

If you could spare the money, you can take a Segway tour of the city.

Good luck

Hmmm. There is rather a lot to do - but you are looking for something interactive? Here are a few ideas.

The Spy Museum is great fun, and there are things there that are interactive and interesting to talk about. You get a spy identity and can play with that!

Walking tours are also nice, Cultural Tourism DC has links to some, our podcast provides some, also.

Hillwood Museum and Gardens is very nice and off the beaten track.

Visit a neighborhood: Georgetown, Shaw/UStreet, Chinatown/Penn Quarter, Adams Morgan. Shop, eat, enjoy the city rather than the capitol.

Go to a Nationals Baseball Game.

Visit the Museum of the American Indian. Don't miss the starting multimedia presentation.

Take a cruise on the Spirit of Washington - the afternoon cruise to Mt. Vernon.

I note now that you added little walking. While this costs money, I'd recommend going around town on Tourmobile. It's about $25 to $30 per person for a whole day, but it takes you just about everywhere, and you can get on and off all day.

Unfortunately everything I can think of involves some type of walking. But if you hit up one of the Smithsonian Museums, or the Holocaust Museum (both free) you can take your time and have a sit whenever he needs a break.

You could check out the falls at the C&O canal. It's accessible on the MD side, and just a couple dollars to park. the walk is not far and the falls are spectacular.

• go to the seafood bay and eat some shrimp and then go ride in mini boats at the lake near buy where the cherry blossoms are.