Tipping question...........Is it proper to tip delivery people that deliver gift baskets and or flowers to you

when you are on vacation , or otherwise ?

Favorite Answer

I would say yes, if you have a few dollars on you. Since most gift baskets and flowers are usually a surprise, I've been caught several times without cash, when the flowers were delivered. It's a little embarrassing, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person this has happened to, so I'm also pretty sure the delivery person doesn't expect a tip from every basket or bouquet they deliver.

At least offer it. Some are not allowed to accept it, and others have the tip taken care of in the purchase price. (It'll be up to the delivery person whether or not to accept it.)

most definitely. anyone in hospitality or delivery should be compensated for their work in a tip!

Yes! Give them a couple dollars! Poor things!

• Balsam

Yes I think that it is expected to tip them. Their salaries are small taking into consideration that they would be tipped.

Absolutely.!!

The delivery folks are not well paid. A bit of extra would be welcome, I am sure!