<SPOON> asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

Can I get a 100% mortgage with a 590 credit score?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

With a "Seller Concession" of up to 6% and Down Payment Assistance (which you probably need) you could get 100%. With a non-conforming Lender the rate will be ugly, but you can do it.

Look for an FHA Lender or a Lender that offers one of the "My Community" programs first in order to get a better rate.

Me2Me2Me3@yahoo.com

Source(s): Real Estate Investor Lender
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Three or four months ago, you could have made this happen. The sub prime market used to buy loans with a 580 mid credit score at 80% for the first mortgage and 20% second giving you a total of 100% borrowed. However, after the recent subprime debaucle, and many of those lenders going out of business, 620 is now the mark. You'll have to wait until you can get your score up a little to get the 100%.

• 1 decade ago

Probably not, the market has taken a major hit due to ARMs over the last few years. 590 score are likely to get 80% at best.

Some brokers may be able to get you financed on a first and second, but the likelihood is low.

You might want to focus the next 6-12 months on cleaning up your credit and saving some money to put down. It wouldn't take much to get up to a 620 and with a little cash you could probably get 90% financing.

• 1 decade ago

Unfortunately not with the rates and guidelines the way that they are at the moment. The only thing I suggest that you do is work on your score and then try to go fha... Goodluck.. Last year you could have done this, but times have changed majorly... It's one of those you snooze you lose situations unfortunately... Sorry

Sweetie, whatever you do don't listen to these people who are telling you to go to these bogus sites..the only site you need to go to is www.myfico.com or www.fha.com. Look at reputible sites and whatever you do because you are in the credit building stage at the moment DO NOT let anyone pull your credit for anything that you don't NEED. You will buy a home, mabye not today, but most definately it is in your future. Do not be discouraged. The site my fico.com is the most informative in regards to you understanding your credit and how to improve your score in the shorted amount of time. They have free information that you can print out and most importantly this is the credit reporting agencies website who knows better than them on what you need to do to improve your fico score... Be encouraged. Take a deep breath and get busy. You have some work to do and if you are dedicated you will get that house.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, you can. You're likely going to have to go through a mortgage broker, as they have access to hundreds of banks at once. There are still investors out there ready to loan money at high rates.

I would expect a reasonable rate on the 1st mtg (7-8%), and the 2nd will be rough, likely 12-15%.

Best of Luck.

Call around. Do not accept the first approval you get. You have a right to shop!

Source(s): Loan Agent for 5 Years
  • 1 decade ago

am sorry 590 credit is bad. to get 100% it should be 720 or better but to get a decent mortgage 620, is all you need. review your credit and work to see where you need inprovements dont worry you may not quilfy this year but if you work on getting your score to the 600 than next year you can get 100% mortgage.

• 1 decade ago

If you want acceptable rates, then your score will need to be 640 or better, otherwise you're gonna get a 15% interest attached. you can apply for an FHA loan, which will guarntee you a low interest rate of 5%, and there is also another program which will pay for your downpayment cost. These programs are for first time home buyers only

• 1 decade ago

No - 5% down. I know a guy at Hometown Banc who can get this done for you at a decent rate. Check out the free evaluation form at the source website and he will contact you.

Source(s): www.totaldebtsolutionsllc.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you have super high income you could probably get approved at a decent rate...

Otherwise you are going to have some trouble getting approved. Someone probably will approve you, but you are going to get killed with interest rates.

• 1 decade ago

possibly from a sub prime lender, but usually 620 is the cut off. beware of sub prime lenders; they go bankrupt frequently, as of late. good luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.