muslim extremists?

hey i am a jew. i don't think there is anything violent about islam. i studied the quran no part of it is violent. These extremist seem to be politcally motivated. not religeously. And look at these verses in the bible. 1.Exodus 31:15 .Those who break the Sabbath are to be executed. 31:14

Deuteronomy

2.Kill everyone who has religious beliefs that are different from your own. 17:2-7

3.Anyone who will not listen to a priest or a judge must be executed. 17:12-13

4.Kill those of other faiths. 12:30

5. If your brother, son, daughter, wife, or friend tries to get you to worship another god, "thou shalt surely kill him, thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death." 13:6-10

6. If you have a "stubborn and rebellious son," then you and the other men in your neighborhood "shall stone him with stones that he die." 21:18-21

so you see isnt christinaity and judaism the real violent religeon. islam does not say that stuff

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree Islam is not violent. But I won't say anything about the other two religions either since Islam says they are the people of the book and must be treated with respect.

And all those poeple who have qouted verses from the Quran don't realise they all refer to WAR and BATTLES.. and are used as defenses. Their meaning often fluctuates when translated from arabic. You have to know the verse before and after it.. and know exactly what Allah was reffering to.

Allah dislikes those that go out of their limits. He hates those who kill innocents and will punish them who kill themselves.

As far as Islam is concerned, it categorically rejects and condemns every form of terrorism. It does not provide any cover or justification for any act of violence, be it committed by an individual, a group or a government..... I most strongly condemn all acts and forms of terrorism because it is my deeply rooted belief that not only Islam but also no true religion, whatever its name, can sanction violence and bloodshed of innocent men, women and children in the name of God

It is unfortunate that Islam, the religion of peace, hope, harmony, goodwill and brotherhood had been badly tarnished by the perpetrators of various terrorists acts and barbarism as seen on September 11, 2001.

Islam, a religion of mercy, does not permit terrorism. In the Quran, God has said:

“God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers.” (Quran 60:8)

The Prophet Muhammad, may God praise him, used to prohibit soldiers from killing women and children,and he would advise them: “...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.”And he also said: “Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span of forty years.”

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

I'm as anti-dhimmi as you can get (I I even know what the word "dhimmi" means) but is there ANY evidence that the assailants were Christians, claimed Christian status, or had any connection to a Christian group? If not, this question doesn't make any sense.... Are you aware there have been racial disturbances in Greater London between blacks and pakis? Pakistanis are the largest muslim ethnic group in the UK. There have also been ethnic disputes in the UKbetween pakis and other muslim ethnic groups, particularly the Bangladeshis . There have also been street clashes in the UK between pakis and Sikhs ( a rival ethno-religious group from the same region). And there are other simmering ethnic disputes as well.... Your assumption that if a muslim got stomped on the street, it MUST have been a Christian who did it, is naive at best and dishonest at worse...

• 1 decade ago

In defense of Christianity, the Qur'an does have it's verses that can be taken out of context. You have to read the whole section and not just pick apart each individual line.

• 1 decade ago

I agree, however those verses could easily have been taken out of context! in any book!

Source(s): All people fight in the name of religion because then they can justify killing but they always really fight for money!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are incorrect about the quran. It is just as violent as the bible. Here is a cut/paste from the quran (what's the deal with the fingers... yikk!!):

Sura 8:12,13 Muslims are instructed to cut the necks and fingers of those who opposed God and to never turn their back on unbelievers: "Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): 'I am with you: give firmness to the believers. I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers. Smite ye above their necks and smite all their fingertips off them. This because they contended against God and His Apostle. If any contend against God and his Apostle, God is strict in punishment ... O ye who believe! When ye meet the unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them. If any do turn his back to them on such a day –unless it be in a stratagem of war, or to retreat to a troop (of his own) – he draws on himself the wrath of God, and his abode is hell, – an evil refuge (indeed)! It is not ye who slew them; it was God."

Source(s): PS, Sura 2:216 says something similar, but I didn't feel the need to paste it here.
  • 1 decade ago

Right on!

• 1 decade ago

I Agree ,,, well those who disagree haven't understood or even read the quran ! so dont worry your right ,,

• 1 decade ago

nice posting

• Seeker
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't know which Quran you read but my Quran has passages very similar to the ones you quoted from the Bible.

"fight and slay the Pagans wherever find them. Seize them, besiege them, and lie in wait for them"

"Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil"

"Choose not friends from them [unbelievers]. ... Take them and kill them wherever ye find them"

"Take them [unbelivers] and kill them wherever ye find them. Against such We have given you clear warrant"

"Women who are guilty of lewdness ... confine them to the houses until death take them"

"Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other. ... So good women are the obedient. ... As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them."

"As for the thief, both male and female, cut off their hands. ... An exemplary punishment from Allah."

"Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. ... He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them."

"The Jews ... We have cast among them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection."

"How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they slept at noon, Our terror came unto them."

"The spoils of war belong to Allah and the messenger"

"I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger."

"It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land"

"Slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush"

"The Jews ... and the Christians ... Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!"

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you."

"We drowned those who denied Our revelations."

"We make them taste a dreadful doom because they used to disbelieve."

It goes on and on. Some are in context, some are not. Just like yours.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

all have extremists

Source(s): sad
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.