drop richie sexson for jason bay?

Here's my team:

Hitting categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, OBP

Russel Martin C

Travis Hafner 1B

Kaz Matsui/Howie Kendrick 2B

Scott Rolen 3B

Troy Tulowitzki SS (while Tejada's hurt)

Torii Hunter OF

Brad Hawpe OF

Carl Crawford OF

Extras:

Marlon Byrd

Dmitri Young

Richie Sexson

Kevin Youkilis (usually starts, been hurt a bit recently)

So my question is: I have the #2 waiver position and someone just dropped Jason Bay. Should I drop Sexson and pick him up? Drop Rolen (the only other person who can play 3B for me is Youkilis - which would be fine)? Or leave Bay for someone else? Bay and Sexson could both have very big 2nd halves. Marlon Byrd is a young guy, but looks like he's going to start the remainder of the year, and has been hitting very well. Kaz Matsui hits for average and steals bases. Everyone else is pretty solid.. but I want Bay. Any advice?

Thanks in advance-

Favorite Answer

I would say yes to drop richie sexson for jason bay, but why do that when you can drop Marlon Byrd? He's already thirty, not exactly due for a break out season and his career BA is .274 Over a Hundred points less than what he's batting right now. Bays career numbers are phenominal and hes clearly due for a better second half, but even if he doesn't it will still be far better than byrd. Interestingly with Sexson, I agree he hits for a very poor average as well as power, but hes a career .265 hitter and hes hitting .210 now. He's probably going to be in for a big second half also. Whatever you do or whoever you decide to drop, definitely pick up Bay, he'd be an awesome addition to your team which is already looking very good. Good luck

Yes, get rid of Sexson. Both him and Bay are sort of in a slump right now, but Bay's career batting average is 20 points higher than his. Sexson is past his peak, while Bay is still in his prime.

Also Bay is sure to bounce back. Over his career, his post all-star game batting average is ten points higher than his pre-all-star game batting average

Yes you shoulddrop him because despite the power, he has a horrible AVG. Bay hits for good power numbers andwill do a lot better on the AVG. Sexson is a really overrated player now.

Hell yeah. Sexson goes into too many slumps. Bay will bounce back. Always been a good 2nd half hitter. He too good too be this bad 4 long