Can't get over him...?

Everyone keeps telling me to get over the guy I like, but I'm not stupid, I realize chances are slim, and I've tried to get over him, but I can't, so if I'm supposed to just accept that we're just friends, and only ever going to be just friends, please tell me how.

I'm still realy in love w/ this guy, and though we were never formally together, I was confident we could make something work, but no one seems to think so...

He's single, I'm practically the closest thing he has to a girlfriend, he's turned tons of girls down, but he never did me...

Favorite Answer

This is where you dad or mother should have told you that time is the best medicine for a broken heart to heal. And the rest is what I am going to tell you:

You must ask youself this question, do you really want to forget him, and if so how much. If the situation is that you don't really want to forget him, then you have made up your mind already. You must be honest with youself. Time is truely the best cure for a broken heart. I don't know why it works that way, but it does. I beleive it is the hearts way of telling you to let go of what you really want to let go of. The pain will become less and less as time goes by. It's like falling and letting a soft cushing or giant pillow catch you.

It's like all the songs you hear about, " I WILL CATCH YOU IF YOU SHOULD FALL", well that is exactly what it means. Your heart itself is catching you with time as you are falling, not waiting until you hit the bottom. Human nature will do these kind of things, without you knowing what is going on while it is happening. GOD BLESS AND HAVE A GREAT SUMMER.

Source(s): Life's experience is wisdom that is aged with knowlege that must be freely given to those who ask for it, when called upon to do so.

If you like him and he's single, why couldn't the two of you get together? Unless he's taken, in which case leave him be. I don't think you need anyone to tell you that there are better ways to spend your time than stressing over a guy. If it happens, it happens, if not, don't worry about it, find yourself another guy.

well first give yourself time to heal, it takes time, Get your mind on something else, once you start thinking about him stop and do something else, go for walk, call your friends to chat, go to the bookstore and grab a cup a coffee and listen to some cds, watch a good movie ( comedy ) and tell yourself you are a wonderful girl and it just wasnt meant to be and you are now open to meeting someone else, dont sit around and feel sorry for yourself, cause chances are.... hes not!

• Blythe

Casually date until you find someone better, work out so when he sees you he regrets not being with you.. going through the same thing, and you're right, it seems impossible to do, but you just really really have to try!

the only thing that I can say is time heals all wounds. I am hoping I am going throught the same thing right now myself. I cannot accept the fact that I have been dumped.

well at least your not gettin your hopes up, jus take it one day at a time and find someone else better for you, someone you know is willing to go to the next level wit a relationship wit you

it's hard but it takes some time to just forget about someone u like...try to be strong :)

• Lisa W

Time is the only thing that helps....sorry no magic wand.

better to acept then to pretend it never existed