Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 1 decade ago

Chichen Itza New wonder?

Some people are saying it shouldnt be a new wonder. What do you think?

Favorite Answer

I am glad 3 new wonders belong to Latin America. In this case of Chichen Itza, I am glad that the Aztec culture got a recognition together with the Inca culture (Machu PIcchu was elected too). When the Spaniards came to "conquer" America, they found some cultures which were very developed in many senses, like the Aztecs, Mayas or Incas.

And besides, places like Chichen Itza or Machu Picchu are architectural lessons for everyone in the world. I think it does deserve to be a new wonder. And besides, this was a popular voting based on what the "real people" thought, not a panel of experts, so yes, I think they got it right. We have to respect the people's choice, whether we agree or not.

I personally voted for Chichen Itza, and i do belive that whoever says that it shouldn't be a new wonder, that person should read and learn about the beauty of this place, you have to visit to see with your own eyes how amazing this place really is... i been there several times and it never fails to impress.

I think it's a great place. The one I don't agree with is the Christ sculpture in Brazil, it was built in the 1930s, by that time, skyscrapers were already being built in the U.S.