Do you feel that Universal Health Care is a right?

Favorite Answer

Yes, I do. Most of my retirement goes to either my hospitalization or medical bills. Some medicines I get from Canada because I can't afford them in the USA.

Yes, I do support universal health care. Many people in the United States are just not wealthy enough that their finances can absorb the very high cost of most types of medical care. Illnesses and accidents that are not covered by some type of insurance can drive families and individuals, especially the elderly and the disabled into bankruptcy or into situations where they lose their homes and almost everything else. Should good medical care be just for the wealthy, and second, should the cost of insuring individuals against medical problems be just a way for huge insurance companies to make billions and billions of dollars? We can still have a strong and vibrant democracy with Universal health care, and those nay sayers who say that this is the first step towards socialism need to take a look around and see just how much of what happens in this country is decided by those of tremendous wealth and power. What has that got to do with making democracy stronger. The arguments against universal health care are just arguments put forth by the already wealthy corporations and individuals that want the big bucks to keep on rolling into them.

Americans and their health are way to important to let it continue the way it has.

Yes it is right. People against it don't understand it. The government makes lot of profits (and so do corporate suppliers $$$$) by providing crappy school lunches and putting garbage soda machines so kids can spend their money to drink sugar water contributing to the OBESITY epidemic ultimately creating more burdens of debt in hospitals. Eating is so important yet there are never any mandatory cooking classes in school. When a child's parents are ignorant, no one else is going to help them. It's a complicated problem in need of a holistic, multifaceted solution. But the short answer is "YES!!!!"

yes I do. Without it, those who can't afford preventive health care wait until they are critically ill and then they end up in the ER or a hospital to stabilize what would have been an easy to control and cheap to control medical condition. We live in too rich a society to see people have to pick between food and rent vs. medication they need.

Yes, I do, but it should not be run by the government. They can't even run Social Security right.