What's the long term reliability of Mazda's?

I'm in the market for a new car and am thinking about the Mazda3, but, have no idea how reliable Mazda's are long term and what their repair record is over the years. I know Toyota and Honda both make very reliable and safe cars that need minimal repairs and last for years and years. Anyone know how Mazda stacks up and whether their cars are prone to needing repairs, etc? I'm planning on keeping whatever car I get for a very long time (10+ years). I know the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla will both last, etc, but they're just so generic looking and you see them everywhere.

Also, how is Mazda's customer service when you do need repairs? I currently own a Dodge and they do not stand behind their product at all....nothing is their fault, etc.

Thanks for any advice!!

Favorite Answer

i would stick to Honda or Toyota

I had an 87 Mazda b2000 pickup that had over 900,000 miles it when it was stolen from me. Mazda makes a good product. The repairs I performed on that truck over the years were minimal. I never had to change more than the oil, plugs, filters, 1 water pump, 2 starters, and 2 alternators. You never know what your going to get, You just have to pray the car gods will be kind.

Owned a 2000 626 and had to replace the automatic trans twice (I'm not a hot rodder) so I would suggest a manual transmission if your gonna go with a Mazda.

there is no such thingas a long term Mazda

all i can say is yes...