1 asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Other - Soccer · 1 decade ago

Why did Canada do so bad in the U-20 World Cup?

Not even a goal?

They tried but they could have done better :(.

That is true we are a hockey nation not soccer.

If it was a hockey tounement Congo would have gone down LOL. :)

Favorite Answer

Canada's way behind the times when it comes to soccer

The game btw Canada and Congo was really frustrating...they really tried, but they just didn't finish their plays :(

The chances they had were just unbelievable and with all that not one goal!

What really sucks is that they didn't score ONE goal!!

I believe they are the first hosting nation to have never gained a point or scored a goal (in like 30 years)

LOL and Canada's the home nation!!...aww you could really tell in their faces they were so embarrassed/disappointed (Lombardo, Begovic, Edgar...)

next time Canada...there is still time to develop...I hope to see these players improve and go onto bigger things (clubs)

btw, did anyone notice that their players are all soo hott??....oh well I guess that won't help them win games ;P

I wouldnt say they suck but come game day, they played teams that wanted it more and had the ability to deliver the results. Usually a host nation has a huge moral bonus going into the tournament that are even considered huge underdogs in a match(s). Unfortunately for Canada this wasnt enough to tip the scales in their favor. Theres some incredible teams in this cup so its probably more about being outplayed than sucking. But the detractors will still have their say and call a team out for failure on the field-- usually in terms of "sucking".

• didi

With the exception of the South, football shouldn't be hosted in that hemisphere. Just imagine this. Keeping me up late for nothing.

because canada is not really a soccer bred country

DUDE NO DISRESPECT BUT THEY SUCK! THE ONLY REASON THEY MADE IT WAS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE HOST! SORRY!