what age do you think is appropriate to get your nose peirced?

i am 13 and want to know what is a good age to get it done?

Favorite Answer

16, I think is a good age.

I was actually going to say 13. Piercings aren't like tattoos, they're not there for life. You can take it out at any time if you decide you no longer want it and it will heal up, so there's not the big decision of 'what if I change my mind later on?'. Just remember that piercings can get infected, (an infected piercing may even leave scarring after you remove it and let it heal) so choose the place you get it done at very carefully.

I'm a mom of a 15 year old girl who is responsible and trustworthy. She could pass for 18. She asked me if she could have her nose pierced and I took her to have it done. It is a conservative piercing (not at the bridge of the nose or the septum). I would say talk to your mom because everyone is different. Ultimately 15 and up would be my opinion. I have mine done too by the way, but I was 32.

I personally think 18 is an appropriate age to make the decision of whether or not to get anything pierced. I waited until I was 18 before I decided that I was going to pierce my tongue.

Well, if your parents say it's ok and are willing to take you, you should get it when you feel ready.

Just some advice on piercing. I got my eyebrow pierced when I was 17 and people felt free to comment on it at any time. Most people liked it, but a lot of people thought that because I had a facial piercing, I was a juvenile delinquent with a record. Personally, I think nose piercings are cute (especially the little studs) but just be prepared for some lame comments from others.

it's kinda too early to be think about that..right?

but anyways,i recommend you doing it around senior year/college years.because in 8th grade or whatever grade you're in,your teachers will ask you take it out or give you a detention for exotic piercings/breaking the school dress code.

in college,i think that'll work out the best.because they don't really what piercings you wear as much than grade school/middle school/high school would.

in my point of view,i recommend you don't get one at all.because if it gets infected,what are you going to do about it?and when you take out the ring when it's infected,then when you place it back in a few days later after the infection happend it's closed up and you'd have to go through all that trouble again just to get it repeirced.but that's just my opinion,it's your body you can do whatever you want with it.just be aware that you'll have some "nasty" comments/opinions about it,if you ever get one.

I've never seen a 13 year old with a nose piercing so I would say that you should wait a few years and you still want a nose piercing get one.

15

There never a good age for nose piercing.

Personally I don't think they should exist but if it had to be done I'd do it when ur like 20. maybe then you'll see you don't want to have that, it's not very good looking.