i was attacked and bit by another woman and it left a scar.?

this happened at least 4 yeas ago. i did file a police report but never filed charges. i thought the scar would fade, but it hasn't. is it too late to sue or press charges. it's so not about the money. it was just not right. i live in upstate new york.

5 Answers

  • CGIV76
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You could try, but I doubt it.

    Source(s): Me, retired Police Officer
  • 1 decade ago

    Follow up with the District Attorney in the jurisdiction of the original offense to check the status of any pending charges. Chances are if you haven't heard anything by now, either limited evidence existed for the initial filing, or the District Attorney was unable to make contact with you regarding your making an official written/audio statement, or completing a pre-testimony affidavit.

    Statute of Limitation for Filing a Civil Claim Against Perpetrator of an Assault – Civil Practice Law and Rules §215(3)(8)

    A victim may bring a civil proceeding to recover damages for assault within one year of the commission of the crime. Additionally, the law provides that a victim may sue the perpetrator within one year of the termination of the criminal action, whether it ended in conviction or acquittal.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    what are you expecting to happen.

    if it's too late. then what do you want us to do.

    get some scar fading cream like mederma.

    and you'll be fine.

    don't worry about it.

  • 1 decade ago

    file charges, and sue her.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    You should of had her charged, & checked for AIDS.<I:-})=[*

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.