Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles · 1 decade ago

Why are psychiatrists so expensive?

Billy Bob went to his local psychiatrist's "free consultation" to see if he could help him overcome his fear of the monsters under his bed. The psychiatrist told him "I can cure you, but it will take one year with two visits per week at $200/hr." Billy Bob said he'd have to get back with him.

About six months later, the psychiatrist ran into Billy Bob at the store. "Hey, Billy Bob? Have you given any thought to see me about your 'monsters under the bed' fear?"

Billy Bob said "I'm cured! Jim Bob the bartender did the math and said it'd cost $20,800 for you to cure me, but he cured me for free, so I bought myself a new truck with the money Jim Bob saved me".

The shrink asked "How did he cure you for free?"

"Easy....he told me to cut the legs off the bed. Aint no monsters under there now!"

Favorite Answer

Because they shrink our bank accounts! The bartender gives free advice but you have to pay for the drinks!

Uh, huh, cute one, John. They're expensive because their patients are paying for all that the shrinks have learned! Psychiatrists are in very short supply in New Orleans now and sorely needed because of all the PTSD since Katrina. The mental health issue in New Orleans has been overlooked since Katrina. If you want to know more, go to: www.chrisrosebooks.com and get his book, 1 Dead In Attic a best-selling collection of columns from a writer on the New Orleans paper.

A psychologist is particular than a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists prescribe medicinal drugs. They ask what your indicators are and the prescribe you something they assume will help. they do no longer do any counseling. I see a psychiatrist and a psychologist and my psychiatrist does now no longer counsel me.

That is funny. I was going to answer your question and say "because their bank accounts 'shrink'". LOL

haha sounds a bit ghetto

Good remedy

because it addresses their fear of being broke.

funny joke

Because they're worth it.