Question for Episcopalians (Anglicans): Can you recommend any books about the same-sex blessings controversy?

As any member of the Anglican Communion can tell you, the number one issue in our Church today is the question of whether or not to bless same sex marriages or not. A related issue is whether or not to ordain homosexual persons.

Among the 38 different provinces (countries) within the Anglican Communion, of which there are 77 million members, there has been great division over this matter. Some provinces have allowed the blessings of same sex unions, most have not.

Does anyone here know of any books on the subject - books that could objectively look at both sides of the debate in order to help someone who is undecided, or who simply wants to examine both sides thoroughly?

Favorite Answer

so i read in the bible that it's not blessed by God...who do you want to be blessed by?

do Episcopalians really believe differently than what the bible says. and we wonder why so many different denominations in the christian church...it's all in there people. why the confusion?!

Homosexuality has never been diagnosable in the DSM IV... it was removed as a disorder after the DSM II, many years ago. Psychiatrists and psychologists do not consider it a disorder. It is a normal state of being for some people, no different that heterosexuality. For the Anglicans to say it's ok, but not perform the unions is an example of hypocrisy.

Read the first 2 Chapters of "Romans" in the Bible.

This address the topic. And God's word is the final authority, since we are accountable to Him...Eternally. See also Revelation 21:8 (Rev. 20:11-21:8 for full context).

Anyone who blesses a same sex marriages or ordain homosexual persons should be burned at the stake as a heretic.

YES THE BIBLE let me show you how God feels on this matter. God gave these rules & mankind doesn't have the right to break them, if they do, then see what he says he will do to them

(Leviticus 18:21-25) 21 “‘And you must not allow the devoting of any of your offspring to Mo′lech. You must not profane the name of your God that way. I am Jehovah. 22 “‘And you must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable thing. 23 “‘And you must not give your emission to any beast to become unclean by it, and a woman should not stand before a beast to have connection with it. It is a violation of what is natural. 24 “‘Do not make yourselves unclean by any of these things, because by all these things the nations whom I am sending out from before YOU have made themselves unclean. 25 Consequently the land is unclean, and I shall bring punishment for its error upon it, and the land will vomit its inhabitants out.

(Romans 1:24-27) 24 Therefore God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, that their bodies might be dishonored among them, 25 even those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the One who created, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27 and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error. . .

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) . . .What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. . .

(Revelation 22:14-15) . . .Happy are those who wash their robes, that the authority [to go] to the trees of life may be theirs and that they may gain entrance into the city by its gates. 15 Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone liking and carrying on a lie.’

(Matthew 7:21-23) 21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

Source(s): the Bible, If your church practices these things you should run from it. Its something detestible to God

my dear contact the authorities.Divisions mean evolutions! hi hi Ha ha

Source(s): Acid truth serial