How come there are not many filipino restaurants in the USA....well not as many as Chinese?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • junior
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Pinoys want to cook food at home.

• 1 decade ago

There is no much filipino people in USA to have a filipino restaurant.. And there are just few americans of from the other countries who will like it.. And other filipinos dont want to make a resataurant because of possibilities of bankcrupt

• 1 decade ago

::

More and more Pinoy restaurants are opening business in California, especially in cities with strong Filipino presence like West Covina, Cerritos, Daly City, Vallejo, etc. However, Chinese restaurants have a wider clientele - there are more Chinese in the US, and in my observation they draw more customers from the other ethnic groups. This is especially true for Asians, because their cuisine has prolific Chinese influence brought about by centuries of interaction with Chinese migrants.

• 1 decade ago

It's a no-brainer dahling, how many Chinese are there in China and in the world as compared to Filipinos? Statistics.

Not to mention the folowing among the non-orientals for Chinese cuisine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

More Filipino Food Establishment are popping up all over Los Angeles and the Bay area. There is plenty of small Mom and Pop food that serve traditional food. Also, Jolibee, Chow King and Blue Ribbon Bakery are opening up all over now in Southern California.

• 1 decade ago

At a guess--there aren't as many Filipinos in the country, or at least not as many who want to have restaurants.

• 1 decade ago

Most Filipinos would rather cook at home than eat out at the Filipino restaurant which sometimes doesn't even come close to "lutong bahay" home cook meal.

• 1 decade ago

I do not think the amount of Filipinos in the US explains it all.

I think there are a number of staples that would appeal to American tastes, adobo, apritada, pancit, lumpia, and barbecues. I think a number of fish dishes would fare okay as well.

I think a number of other dishes would work well too. Tinolangs, paksiws, sinigang I think have a good appeal as long as they are prepared with an idea to suit American tastes (when cooking never forget the visual).

It can work given an adaptable chef and....adequate capital.

• Ray H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Filipino cuisine is not as well known as chinese food.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because there are more chinese people than filipinos.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.