How come there are not many filipino restaurants in the USA....well not as many as Chinese?

• junior
    Favorite Answer

Pinoys want to cook food at home.

There is no much filipino people in USA to have a filipino restaurant.. And there are just few americans of from the other countries who will like it.. And other filipinos dont want to make a resataurant because of possibilities of bankcrupt

::

More and more Pinoy restaurants are opening business in California, especially in cities with strong Filipino presence like West Covina, Cerritos, Daly City, Vallejo, etc. However, Chinese restaurants have a wider clientele - there are more Chinese in the US, and in my observation they draw more customers from the other ethnic groups. This is especially true for Asians, because their cuisine has prolific Chinese influence brought about by centuries of interaction with Chinese migrants.

It's a no-brainer dahling, how many Chinese are there in China and in the world as compared to Filipinos? Statistics.

Not to mention the folowing among the non-orientals for Chinese cuisine.

• Mark

More Filipino Food Establishment are popping up all over Los Angeles and the Bay area. There is plenty of small Mom and Pop food that serve traditional food. Also, Jolibee, Chow King and Blue Ribbon Bakery are opening up all over now in Southern California.

At a guess--there aren't as many Filipinos in the country, or at least not as many who want to have restaurants.

Most Filipinos would rather cook at home than eat out at the Filipino restaurant which sometimes doesn't even come close to "lutong bahay" home cook meal.

I do not think the amount of Filipinos in the US explains it all.

I think there are a number of staples that would appeal to American tastes, adobo, apritada, pancit, lumpia, and barbecues. I think a number of fish dishes would fare okay as well.

I think a number of other dishes would work well too. Tinolangs, paksiws, sinigang I think have a good appeal as long as they are prepared with an idea to suit American tastes (when cooking never forget the visual).

It can work given an adaptable chef and....adequate capital.

• Ray H

Filipino cuisine is not as well known as chinese food.

because there are more chinese people than filipinos.