Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

How can i convince my mom to let me get my nose pierced??

Favorite Answer

Do more stuff around the house DO NOT bug her about ask then drop it bring it up every once in a while!!

It really depends on your mom's personality and ability to be swayed but I guess you can do the usual acting responsible and showing her that you're not just some wild child who wants a hole in her nose. Typically, mothers won't let their children get those kinds of piercings because it's part of the "wild child" stereotype and they're scared that their kids will turn into those drug and sex fiends. But if you show them for a long time that you're definitely not into that path, without letting them know you're acting good just to get your nose pierced, they might rethink it.

But on a personal note, I think nose piercings look good, but aren't worth the pain people go through with them. Not the pain when getting it done, but there's a lot of work that happens in taking care of it. When you're washing your face or even just doing normal activities like dancing, the piercing often just shoots out, which hurts like a mother. And it gets worse when you're sick. Plus, I heard it can damage your ability to smell. Just things you should think bout before getting it.

u prolly wont be able to convince her till u 18

Source(s): i tried

tell her all the postives about and tell her tht u wil pay her back and u really want one.have one and i 14. i mean the are easy and not that much so try to tell her the postives and u'll do anything

good luck!!

Source(s): me

if you over 18 you already have permission by law... if under... than show her responsiblity and sort of kiss up to her.. im trying to get my mom to say yes but i have to wait until im 16.