Why is one lead to believe in religions?

What is the true meaning of religion? We are lead to believe in "The almighty one" but we have no scientific proof of his exsistance! and is there really a heaven and a hell? All these kep me up at night!

Favorite Answer

We actually do have scientific proof. It's called the Law of Inertia and the Big Bang Theory. When you apply the Law of Inertia ( matter stays in its original state unless an outside force acts upon it) to the Big Bang theory you realize that hey the universe didn't create itself! Something had to be there to make the mass in the universe take shape. People of faith call that thing God or in your words the almighty one.

The true meaning of religion is an interesting phrasing. A little detail as to what you mean when you ask that would be more helpful. But, for me.....religion is the manner I choose to worship God (which fits my faith), whether it be Baptist, Catholic, etc. My faith is my morals and my belief in God....who He is....what He stands for.... and most importantly.....His relationship to me whether that faith goes by the Name of Christian, Muslim etc.. Others prefer to call religion what I call faith ( a sad fact that often guides people who claim to have no religion to become prejudice against people of faith)

Yes there Really is a heaven and a Hell, I've heard that it's mentioned in the quaran and I know it's mentioned in the Bible. Jesus said If it were not so... I would have told you and since He mentions hell and heaven several time ....they must be real. If I had scientific proof I'd give it to you, but I don't. All I have is the instinctive knowledge that there is a heaven and a hell, I don't have physical evidence any more than an animal sensing danger has evidence.

Source(s): www.biblegateway.com
  • Organized religions hide the truth and always will. Scientific proof does exist however as with all antiquities which has a price both for power and fortune the truth will never truly be known. I hope this helps. Best Regards, M.G.S.

Religions are based on mans conception of what God wants or to go further, what different gods Want. Christianity is defined of what one must do to be a Christian. Christianity is a relationship with God and Jesus and not a religion. You will. see all religions have a doctrine, man written doctrines. As a Christian I follow the Bible, its so much easier to follow THE correct book.

religion is a gathering to unite people who believe in the same thing. man created it. no one really know if it exist so we just have to wait a die to find out.

Your last sentense explains religion. It's a fake way to try and explain things people don't know.

dude wats up with scientifiic proof...God wants us to love using our faith...not scientific proof

Source(s): come on kid

sometimes God finds you and wakes u up ... then you see ..