Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

I'm trying to find colleges in or within 2 hours of Boston that aren't hugely expensive. any suggestions?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Check out www.collegeboard.com. You can do a customized search for schools with your major in your area. Also, look for public colleges in Massachusetts. They will be much cheaper then private institutions. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

i used to live in boston so i know a lot of the schools...there are

expensive:

emmerson college

emmanual college

simmons college

boston college

boston university

harvard college

tufts university

not so expensive:

regis college

salem state college

umass amherst

umass boston

umass lowell

umass dartmouth

springfield state college

westfield state college

• 1 decade ago

You should check our University of Massachusetts @ Boston It offers Doctor's, Master's, Bachelor's

Based on some information I found:

Undergrad Application Fee: $40.00

Year Prices: In-state:$4,227

Total Enrollment: 13346

• 4 year or 2 year schools?

There are many good community colleges in the Mass and NH area. My daughter went to Hesser College in Manchester, NH and that was reasonable.

Check out the state colleges in Mass and NH (UMass Lowell is a good school for example). They are much cheaper than private schools.

Another school to check out is Southern NH University (SNHU).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i used to live in rhode island its not a bad place to live , its about a hour to boston. there are some collages in rhode island johnson and whales , new england tech in rhode island and theres a community collage but forgot the name of it .over all providence is a nice place to live the downtown has a good night life and theres always something to do.

• 1 decade ago

state schools are your best bet. There several of them. And being a resident of the state gives u a huge discount as well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.