Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

what do you think about gossip?

Gossip”

Please some one tell me

What’s the point?

Why speak on people and their

situations you have not the slightest

Idea or knowledge about.

What is it?

A self satisfactory action, filled by

jealousy, envy, insecurity and lies, Of course

it’s an action that to often defames ones Character and reputation to make one selves

look and feel better than what we seem… but why we as people

still do it?

But still please some one tell me

how much satisfactory can you get of degrading, defaming, belittling and misconnecting some ones Life situation?

Favorite Answer

i find the most gossipers are people who have no life of their own .. jealousy and low self esteem

Not all gossip is bad. I hate to gossip but since I live on a small island in the middle of the ocean, it's almost necessary to have gossip here. For instance if there was a brush fire, or a car accident or even a huge fight, everyone on the island would know about it before it hit the news. Also since everyone basically knows everyone else here it comes in handy to gossip, another example would be if there was a car accident and someone died, everyone would know who that someone was before the persons name is released making it more convenient for those who know the person to know what happened to them.

If gossip is bad, I basically ignore it, can't be sure if it's true or not.

I guess sometimes it is intended maliciously, but it is often harmless.

Ultimately, human beings are social animals and we are interested in other people's lives and activities. The reasons for this interest may not always be noble but it's part of who we are.

I doubt there'd be a many people who do not indulge in some form of gossip on at least a weekly basis.

Gossip is an abomination. I convinced Micheal to fire two "ladies" in the office who would not stop gossiping. It is a waste of work time.

Gossip is for the weak

the strong seek the truth@!

• j12

honestly? insecure people gossip..

i hate it... its too dramatic and why insult others? what the hell is that gonna get you? i dont see how it can make people feel better...

its a waste of time, anyone who gossips is wasting their life and needs to rethink themselves.

nice to know someone thinks the way i do..

also why do people believe things they are told in gossip, without even knowing the situation or listening to both sides of the story?!?!?

Source(s): i do talk to my hubby though, but i don't feel that is gossip, it is just venting my stress and feelings to him :)

We all gossip. Who cares? Get on with your life!

Heres my guess: They have really boring lives and have to make their lives "interesting" by talking about other ppl's lives.

or they just like causing trouble

I really don't know but what about the lives of famous people, just think what they feel.