Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why does honesty draw a person close to God?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Satan is the father of lies, and he was a murderer from the begining. Lies are of the devil, and therefore lies related to murderer. Who is the anti-christ? a liar, the one who denies THE FATHER AND THE SON.

Now the chosen and precious before GOD, the followers of CHRIST in HEAVEN who sing a song only they can sing, they have no guile whatever.

If we are honest with ourselves then first are judges of ourselves. If we lie to ourselves we convince ourselves we are greater than we are, we exault ourselves.

Now the liar by lying does murder. Because he poisons souls against GOD. I have hear many the lie in this forum. And by their fruits you shall know them. They are vipers trying to deceive and to wound and to kill with their lies. They will say it isn't so, of course. But even the most ignorant of men can see they are just wicked.

And of course that is another fruit of lying, wickedness, for if you break one commandment you've broken them all. Therefore by baring false witness you are also guilty of murder.

interesting how lying can lead to such terrible things, as idolitry, and murder . .. but it does lead to wickedness . ..

If you are honest and without guile, you will be drawn closer to GOD.

-LOVE your neighbor as yourself.

Amen.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

TO BE honest means to be truthful and free of fraud. Honesty requires you to be fair in dealing with others—straightforward, honorable, not deceptive or misleading. An honest person is a man of integrity. Being always trustworthy, he will never cheat his fellowman. All of us would like to be treated that way, would we not? So can honesty ever become out-of-date?

The Christian immediately sees in the above definitions why anyone professing to be a true worshiper must be an honest person. (John 4:24) He worships “Jehovah the God of truth.” (Psalm 31:5; Titus 1:2) Reasonably, only “truthful men” qualify to represent him.—Exodus 18:21, New World Translation Reference Bible, footnote.

Honesty affects many aspects of our lives, so it is understandable that the apostle Paul said: “We wish to conduct ourselves honestly in all things.” That includes in speech, at work, in family matters, in business dealings, and in responding to whatever legal requirements governments impose on us.—Hebrews 13:18.

Source(s): WATCHTOWER 1988 2/15 PAGE 4-7 WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE HONEST SERVANT OF JEHOVAH
  • 1 decade ago

Honesty cleanses the spirit.

• 1 decade ago

It draws God to the person, not the other way around :)

God says 'come to me an arms length, I will come to you running'

Source(s): Islam
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is honesty which compels me to be an atheist.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Didn't know that it did. But, I see no problem with folks like you expanding your imagination in any direction you want to take it.

• 1 decade ago

Is that why so many televangelists and conservative Christian Republicans are always being brought up on Criminal charges and being accused of fraud.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.