Cleaning up broken glass outdoors?

I dropped a glass jar of cheese dip on my patio, and now there is glass and cheese dip all over the concrete and on my lawn. I can't sweep because its all cheesy, and I'm worried about finding all the shards on the lawn. Help?

Favorite Answer

Wash the cheese off with the hose, let the glass dry, then use the wet-dry vac.

• ditdit

I always use a bar of soap that is soggy on one side- also a quick way to catch crawling insects. If really worried about the shards cover the area on the lawn with a cheap vinyl table cloth and walk on it- they should stick (don't use bare feet).

Good luck- we still see glass sparkling in the driveway when a car door got busted.

dollar store broom.

The cheese will actually keep the glass from moving around and spreading out too much.

If the grass is short enough the glass should still be stuck in the cheese ON TOP of the grass just scrape it off.

The next time you mow it, any shards left SHOULD get sucked up by the mower.

Source(s): Life

try a shop-vac