HULK RULES!! asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

The Benoit Tragedy?

What long term affects do you think this will have on professional wrestling?

Favorite Answer

are you kidding?

I don't think there will be any long term effects on this case. Steroid use and professional wrestling will continue as long as people buy into what they think is entertainment. Chris Benoit will be just a memory with people ignoring the lessons to be learned from this tragedy.

• I don't think any since, so many wrestlers have passed away and by now unless it can bring good publicity for the professional wrestling, I don't think there will be any long term affects for them at all. They will move on and act as it never happened just like they have done with many like Davey Boy Smith, Owen Hart and Miss Elizabeth.

May their beautiful souls rest in the Heavens.

There will be no long term affects, with the exception that the WWE (and other companies) will stay as far away of Benoit for a long, long time.

Well I think a lot of people might quit watching wrestling for a long period of time or forever, because of Benoit's steroid usage.

I think that may depend on the results of the toxicology tests and the investigations (if any) that come afterward as far as Benoit's doctor is concerned.

It could be just a sad bleep on the radar, or it could shake the foundation of pro wrestling as we all know it.

None, it's like what happened in baseball during the late 80's and 90's with the steriodes issues. The MLb did nothing about it then and look at all the crap it is going through know. It's not like we did not know about it, we just did not care about it. Know that we see a generation of kids using it we start caring.

the might have a more extensive testing program than before. No long term affects. the ratings will not be affected

• NONAME

Well... Now wrestling fans will always have even more doubt about the wrestlers. They'll wonder who's on steroids and who's not. The wrestlers will also be in doubt of their performance. They will probably wonder if they should take more steroids, or if they should start.

Source(s): THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!

For the time being they will do random drug tests more often, and question the docters prescriptions. It's hard to say now what they will do for long term. I think that will really depend what the results of Chris's tests.

It will change nothing as you can tell by the way the WWE has disassociated itself from Benoit.