Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

What are the different types of goalies?

Stand- up & Butterfly, I know, but NHL 07 had another one. Its abbreviation is COM. Know what that stands for?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

combination

• 1 decade ago

COM stands for Cheese-like Or Malfunctioning. It's the type of goalie who can't stop anything, like Swiss cheese. I'd expect it to be used for goalies on weak international teams, like those in Asia or some random European teams that don't produce NHLers.

• Erica
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I think it stands for "combination", but that's a dumb way to put it. Most people call it a "hybrid" style. I think it's NHL 07 that says "handedness: right" instead of "shoots: right" too. Why, why, why.

I like to think that most goaltenders immitate what their team's named after. For example, here Evgeni Nabokov of the San Jose Sharks immitates a writhing shark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mm1HPuhlLs

Youtube thumbnail

Also, with all his skill, it can be said that Brodeur is the devil.

Source(s): Jenni - ...LOL. sgoldperson - Someone said it on here... Hasek plays a "snow-angel" style. Makes the angel wings on the ice there, plays for the Red Wings... Alright, I got nothing.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Communist, they play for the Chinese National team. Seriously who did they list that with and we might have a better idea, but I had never heard of that. I thought the styles were Stand up, Butterfly, and Hasek(whatever he was doing in the playoffs).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Flying loose helmet and Diving by Dwayne Roloson

lol

• 1 decade ago

I don't remember a COM, but I do remember HYB for hybrid. So there's standup, butterfly, and hybrid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

good ones and bad ones

• 1 decade ago

combination

• 1 decade ago

blocking and reaction.................and for yer game.....com prolly means combination

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.