Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

What are the different types of goalies?

Stand- up & Butterfly, I know, but NHL 07 had another one. Its abbreviation is COM. Know what that stands for?

Favorite Answer

combination

COM stands for Cheese-like Or Malfunctioning. It's the type of goalie who can't stop anything, like Swiss cheese. I'd expect it to be used for goalies on weak international teams, like those in Asia or some random European teams that don't produce NHLers.

• Erica

I think it stands for "combination", but that's a dumb way to put it. Most people call it a "hybrid" style. I think it's NHL 07 that says "handedness: right" instead of "shoots: right" too. Why, why, why.

I like to think that most goaltenders immitate what their team's named after. For example, here Evgeni Nabokov of the San Jose Sharks immitates a writhing shark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mm1HPuhlLs

Youtube thumbnail

Also, with all his skill, it can be said that Brodeur is the devil.

Source(s): Jenni - ...LOL. sgoldperson - Someone said it on here... Hasek plays a "snow-angel" style. Makes the angel wings on the ice there, plays for the Red Wings... Alright, I got nothing.

Communist, they play for the Chinese National team. Seriously who did they list that with and we might have a better idea, but I had never heard of that. I thought the styles were Stand up, Butterfly, and Hasek(whatever he was doing in the playoffs).

Flying loose helmet and Diving by Dwayne Roloson

lol

I don't remember a COM, but I do remember HYB for hybrid. So there's standup, butterfly, and hybrid.

good ones and bad ones

combination

blocking and reaction.................and for yer game.....com prolly means combination