Can you help with an uncomfortable situation?

My fiance and I have stopped having sex, mainly due to the fact that has stopped taking regular showers. I don't know how to fix this. It's Florida, it's humid, and he is not a small man. I cannot handle being in close quarters intimately with him anymore as he is showing about twice a week. I've tried lightly mentioning it, and he just turns it into a joke. He's complaining about our lack of sex, but he's just not getting it. Just the thought of the swampy area is making me gag, and I don't known what to do. Help.

Favorite Answer

You know, if he is your fiance and you plan on spending the rest of your life with him honesty is key. Either you can just sit him down and tell him that your grooming habits are making our sex life an undesirable thing or you can come home daily and after you've eaten dinner and relaxed you can run him a bubble bath and make it a nightly ritual.

Whatever you decide to do just remember that you must tell him how you feel no matter how uncomfortable it is. This is your future husband.

This guy is your fiance... usually what ever he shows you before marriage will carry over into your marriage. Which means you will be stuck with a person who it not concerned about his hygene. You should not have to tell a grown adult to take a bath. I am sure that the little games will work for a while meaning telling him you want to have sex in the shower. But once you have been married for a while, keeping interested in each other will be a little harder and he might not jump at fast for you little keep him clean games. This is a very serious issue that can cause major issues later in marriage because he will feel rejected and embarrased if you stop him before he inserts to take a shower at 2a.m.

My point...tell him now that this behavior is not acceptable and that his smell is offensive to you and causing you to loose interest. It is better to offend him now than wait to do it after marriage. What is he says, this is who I am, and so what if I miss a fews shower here and again. What will you do divorce him (over bad body odor)? Check it now or it will check you later...know what I mean...?

Maybe you could stop bathing too. And run like two-miles every day, so that you get all sweaty. Then try having sex with him, after about three days of sweating and not bathing, and see if he thinks you stink. You might have to give him an object lesson in what it's like to have to have sex with a nasty smelling person, in order for him to get the picture from your perspective.

• Sue F

Lets see first ask him why he is not taking showers.

If he does not give you an acceptable reason just tell him that you will not be having any sex at all until he does so.

If he does not want to improve things, you should really consider giving the ring back. Why would you want to be engaged to a man who does not think enough of you and himself to keep himself clean?

Good luck,

turn it into a sexual game when he mentions sex offer to take a shower together it gets you both what you want and is a good way for forplay he will really enjoy soaping you all up and you may enjoy doing it to him

Offer to take a shower WITH him. Most men will jump at that chance, and you get him clean and you get to have fun.

just tell him to shower if he wants sex bad enough he will......on second thought if you dont want to be blunt suggest having sex in the shower either or should do fine

• justme

Just tell him - no bathing, no sex. His co-workers must be gagging as well.

I would say to him that if sex means so much to him so does having a clean partner to you.........

• Pam

Either just tell him straight out - or offer to wash his back....