which presidential candidate in 2008 would support free national/universal healthcare for everybody?

Please help!!

Sorry I misspoke. I know universal healthcare will not be free. We will pay in the form of taxes But who will liken their campaign closest to what Europe has in Britain, France, etc.

Favorite Answer

none, what is supported is some form of universal health care. Obama, Clinton & Edwards all talk about it but only Obama has a plan and Clinton is reviving the one she came up with in 1993.

None of what is proposed will be free

And who do you think would pay for this free health care? Do you think doctors and hospital staff work for free? Who will pay for hospitals, utilities, medical equipment, research, labs, etc..etc..etc..? You think that stuff is all free? Nobody can promise you FREE anything, because there is no such thing. Our taxes would raise accordingly and I as a tax payer would not be happy and I suspect neither would you, when you can no longer afford groceries because you are paying ever increasing health care costs.

Contrary to the replies above this would be a winning strategy according to polls on the subject.

I think most of the Dem candidates are proposing something along these lines.

To his credit Republican candidate Mitt Romney did in fact enact this in Mass as governor.

• jdkilp

There is no such thing as FREE universal healthcare. We the taxpayers pay for everything. I really don't think it's fair that I pay for your healthcare.

Check out the Democrats.. they all support some form of that.

Sorry to disappoint you but there is no such thing as free health care. Working people will pay for the health care of those who don't work. No candidate would ever dare tout "free health care".

If you think healthcare's expensive now, just wait till it's free! Ain't nothing free in this world.

Hillary Clinton. She tried to get it passed when she was first

Lady.

• ?

All of the socialists. Better hope none of them wins.

John Edwards, he is the only one with the guts to promote this semi-socialist (no negative connotation intended) plan. Clinton doesn't have a plan, and Obama's looks Republican.