ladyP asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

yeast Infection?

my question is... How do you know if you have yeast infection. yes it itches down there and there is discharged...... secondly is it sexual transmitted and is there a cure. does it occure again ... help please!!!!!!!!!! it tches like mad my doctors apointment is till tuesday

• Ishh
    Favorite Answer

You may want to get the Vagisil Screening Kit. It lets you know if it's a yeast infection or a bacterial infection that requires a doctor's visit. It runs for about $15.00 for 2 testers. If it is a yeast infection, Vagisil also offers wipes and cremes to stop irritation.

2

Source(s): Eliminate Yeast Infection Fast - http://yeastcure.trustdd.com/?WNTb

Unique Yeast Infection Freedom System - http://trust.yeastcured.com/

A yeast infection is not sexually transmitted but if your partner has it he could pass it back to youl. Second the discharge is clumpy like cottage cheese and yes it itches. Do NOT wait till Tuesday to get it checked out. Go to urgent care now and get checked to find out what it is. Left untreated some infections can spread and cause pelvic inflammatory disease so go to urgent care now. Also if it is a yeast infection you can have them lots of times. Athletes foot is a yeast infection, thrush is a yeast infection, C-diff is a yeast infection.

If it looks like cottage cheese then it can be a yeast infection and I would go to the store and get monistat...but if it is a clear discharge...then it could be vaginitis...which is an infection that you have to get a prescribtion for...so I agree that you need to go to a doctor...but be careful about an urgent care just because they misdiagonised me when I had vaginitis and it took a while to get it cleared up...by go see an OBGYN ASAP...good luck...I know your pain

I don't know about there, but here you can buy cures over the counter at the pharmacy. Like Canestan pessaries and Clotrimaderm. Try asking for those, you may be able to avoid the doctor. Yes, you can pass the infection onto your partner, but a simple cream will clears his up.

first you need to determine if it is yeast, yeast infection normally have white to light yellow discharge, also accompanied with cottage cheese like discharge, oder is bread like or yeast like, if discharge has foul oder like fish or other revolting spell it could be bacterial or viral infection if you determine yeast simple home solution em for details!

I am going to guess this is your first one, it itches, burns, discharge, makes you want to crawl out of your skin!! of course there is a cure, mostly over the counter stuff but there is a perscription pill that works wonders! Its gone within 24 hours. Not sexually transmitted although it can be passed to your partner after you have one. they can be reoccuring so make sure you use the medicine even when you think it is gone for a day or two.

• You can several different OTC remedies for vaginal yeast infections. Just go to your drug store....

My Yeast Infection Cured : http://yeastcured.uzaev.com/?iRPz