RexD asked in Cars & TransportationRail · 1 decade ago

Were you so obsessed with trains as a child that you wanted to call the railroad to ask for the schedule?

I tried calling the Santa Fe railroad one time to ask what time the trains would pass by my town. Now that we have New Mexico RailRunner a commuter train that takes people into Albuquerque from the surrounding towns I know what time a train will pass through here for sure.

Favorite Answer

nah, never that obsessed

When I was little we use to live in Mexico and my mom use to take me to one of the rail yards in the town we lived in so I could watch all the trains and sometimes we would wait hours by a railroad crossing just so that I could see a train go by unfortunately in 1996 when the Mexican railroad became privatized they decided to take this route off so no more trains showed up in our town

No but then my Dad was an engineer so I knew pretty much when something would be happening. Was a huge thrill to be able to go down to the yard as a little guy and climb up in the cab with him.

Not that obsessed, but I miss the Steam Engines. I loved them as a kid.