Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

How much will I pay for a good deep fryer?

I just want a small one, for french fries or mozzarella sticks. I'm not sure what the top cooking brands are, or if it's neccessary to buy a "top quality" fryer. My parents have some expensive Cook's Essentials skillets that are not nearly as good as the Mirro and T-fal skillets I bought at Kmart or Wal-mart. Can I buy a decent deep fryer at one of these places, or does it pay to go with a more expensive brand? I don't plan on using it a whole lot, so it's not something like a skillet that I have to worry about getting worn out.

• sage
    Favorite Answer

Get a fry baby.

They are perfect for what you want. Make sure you use a fry oil. Different oils catch fire at different temps. I usually use canola, but you can get oil that is made for fryers. Do NOT use olive oil.

I think they cost $20

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I just want a small one, for french fries or mozzarella sticks. I'm not sure what the top cooking brands are, or if it's neccessary to buy a "top quality" fryer. My parents have some expensive Cook's Essentials skillets that are not nearly as good as the Mirro and T-fal...

Source(s): pay good deep fryer: https://shortly.im/PUEit

A decent deep fryer for home is about 30-45 dollars

There is a new one on the market that uses only a tablespoon of fat to cook. It sprays the fat onto the food and heats so it forms a crisp coating. Chips come out very well. It is quite expensive though at £149.99. It is available from Lakeland.

I've seen pretty regular and good ones

in about 25.00 - 30.00 dollars and then the better ones usually bigger in capacity and more recognizable brands in about 35.00 - 50.00 dollars. I do believe that Target, Walmart & K-mart have pretty good ones for house use

I say that it depends how much are you going to use it what should decide which one to buy

I got one @ Wal-mart for around $25.00.. It is a Presto kitchen kettle and it works great. It is a good large size 2

• Bert C

Take a look at some of these...Any of them would be more than adequate for the cooking chores you describe.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-3637434-4...

• Liam M

It's just an electricly heated pot, $20 ought to do.

$9 to $35 depends on how much you want to cook and how easy you want it to be cleaned.