I have a 2001 Ford ZX2. It keeps skipping while driving and stalls out when I start slowing down. Why is this?

It is a manual 5 speed I believe.

Favorite Answer

I am not very familiar with that model, but what you are describing sounds like 1 of a few things. Either a clogged fuel filter, bad spark plugs, bad O2 sensor, possibly a bad catalytic converter.

feel free to IM me if you have other questions or maybe we can discuss this further to narrow the possibilities

Thewisetuner

• lwr735

It sounds like it may be a computer problem and it may be out of sync on the transmission Take the car in for a complete diagnostic checkout and have the mechanic tell you his findings,automatics also have these problems too,then have also the electrical system checked out for a loose or corroded wire somewhere in the system.

Source(s): FORD GAL 2001 ZX2

difficult one, and that i'm purely an knowledgeable layman and don't do automobile restoration paintings, purely motorbike. The "smoke" shows gasoline gadget. White is water/coolant (very undesirable), blue with stinky scent is oil (rather much as undesirable), black is fueling (greater-often salvageable). Guessing some thing is amiss with the gasoline injection, assuming it has gasoline injection (I discern maximum vehicles after approximately 1990 do).

I had the same car with the same exact problem same year as well. You had a bad fuel injector take it to a shop they will replace the failed fuel injector.

is it auto or manual do u have a clutch pedal and shift gears ,,if so then that is the problem u need to learn to drive your car