Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you feel betrayed by the Democratic Leadership in Congress?

"Democrats and Americans feel betrayed by the Democratic leadership," Sheehan told The Associated Press.

Sheehan considers challenge to Pelosi

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070708/ap_on_el_ho/ci...

Favorite Answer

Blah blah blah.

Same sh*t, different day.

I think the Democratic Leadership's eyes were bigger than than its stomaches as the saying goes. They hoped for and thought they would have more votes to accomplish more in Congress. The slim majority is not enough to override Bush's veto's but many Republicans seem to be coming over to be joining them as the election draws closer at least in regards to Iraq so who knows.

• Matt B

I think this is a wasted opportunity for people to realize the sad state that America is now in. People are mad at the president, people are mad at the congress.... basically, nobody is getting their way. If people would just stop and rally around an idea, it would do us a ton of good. Why not rally around the idea of surging our efforts in Iraq to finish the job and be done with Iraq? People need to realize that to the Muslim Extremists, they are at war. They are at war with democratic societies that allow women to dress in shorts and tank tops. They are against societies where people can choose their religions. They are against societies where authority can be questioned. They are against societies that are not the same breed of Muslims that they are. They want their way, and they're willing to do whatever it takes to get their way. That is why it's desperately important for people to realize that we are AT WAR. Maybe you don't like Bush, and don't like the way it's being handled.... and I know none of us actually LIKE war.... (some people profit from it, but that doesn't mean they like it). But why not say "let's take care of this before this problem grows into a giant that we can't stop?" I apologize to anyone who has lost a loved one during the war in Iraq, but I must say, this hasn't cost America enough.... Americans haven't had to suffer because of this war, and for that reason, they don't support the efforts. What's it going to take? Do we have to fall into a nuclear attack? Do all of us have to lose someone we love? Do we all have to live in fear of bombings? We truly are a spoiled nation.

She thought they would take a stand against the Invasion of Iraq, but the Congress proved once again that they are part of the problem not the solution

No, I never expected the Democrats to suddenly stop a war they have wanted for so many years.

No. There really is no need to investigate our President Bush or Vice President Cheney. They are White Christian men.

Betrayed sold out,dishonored,lied to,Etc What's next???

• gone

It's just begun. I have a wait and see attitude. Though so far I'm not all that impressed.

No, I have just as little faith in them as the Republican Leadership they replaced.

They are performing to the standards I expected of them.

I feel bad for the true democrats of the JFK era. Their party has been hi-jacked by socialists disguised as democrats.