Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

need a san diego employment attorney that does not cost anything unless i win?

for the following case

1- employer would not allow me to take a lunch for 9months- have all the time cards to prove it

this started out as a 3 week temp assignment that eventually turned in to 9months and let go for no reason and recieved a reference letter from my manager

Favorite Answer

That shouldn't be too hard. Just pick up your phone book and call attorneys. Ask if they take Employment Law cases on a contingency fee basis. Most will give you a free 1st consultation. If they don't want to take your case on contingency, they'll send you a declination letter. BUT, time is of the essence and if you don't get moving you will lose your opportunity to file suit.

Most employment lawyers do not work on contingency. From what you have said so far, it doesn't add up to a case anyway.

Take your lunch hour claim to the Wage and Hour board at the State of California.

As for being let go--without an employment contract, you were probably an "at will" employee. Without proof of discrimination against you based on race, religion or gender, you probably have no case.

Source(s): ca atty

Call attorneys and ask, but I doubt any would take your case. A temporary assignment is just that, and yours actually went far beyond it's original time.

Were you paid for all hours you worked? You need to check with your state's labor board to determine whether or not your employer was in violation.

Open San Diego Yellow Pages. Call several attorneys and ask.

Most of them give you free consultation.

Most lawyers will work on contingense. It will cost you 1 third of your settlement.

This is the right website for you. NO COST UNLESS YOU WIN. I tried it for my traffic ticket issue. This is really good.

Try

http://www.usalegalcare.com/

• spag

At-Will state. You have no recourse. As for the lunches, if you weren;t physically restrained, you have no case there either.