If you start dating after a breakup, is the person you date a rebound?

If not, then how is someone a rebound?

• Peas
    Favorite Answer

A rebound would be someone u dont realy have any interest in but they just fill the void that was left by your x. Or some1 your with just 2 aviod the pain of the break up or deal with your own issues.

They could be a rebound. They probably are a rebound, if you had some strong feelings in the relationship that just broke up.

The danger of a rebound is that sometimes you become overly committed to someone, who may or may not be right for you, a little too quickly, to either get revenge on the lover who spurned you, or to subconciously show yourself that you're still attractive.

A lot of times you end up getting really thick with your rebound, for a period of time, even if they aren't really right for you. And that's the danger of rebounding.

No, if you date too soon after a break-up, you are "on the rebound." No person is a rebound. If you are the one who broke up, and if you are not upset about it, you are probably ready to date again and then you are not on the rebound.

Not necessarily, i got w my bf the day after i broke up w my last bf and was never on the rebound. a rebound is a person who is looking to get w someone just to get the last person of his/her mind. someone who is hurt and wants to forget about the last person.

Someone is a rebound when you are still attached to the ex, maybe want to prove something to them or use someone new to forget them.

If you're only dating this person to heal your wounds-its a rebound.. if you REALLY do like the person for who they are, then it's not.

dude if you like her then go out with her . if your still not over your ex then its a rebound. im in the same situation myself. my gf broke up with me a month ago and im fixin to ask this one chick out because we both like eachother and im totally over my ex .

If you are confident you are over the Ex and you have had a little time to heal, proceed with caution and take it slow. Just have fun!!

once your feelings for you x are gone then i dont considerate a rebound. but if you still have feelings for the x then you are playing games making her jealous and stuff......so just make sure there are no feelings left.

Source(s): BEST ANSWER???????/ PICK ME PICK ME

Usually - if you start dating the new person immediately.