Why downgrade your psp?

a lot of sites with psp addons have a psp downgrader. Why downgrade it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

because when you upgrade they patch stuff that way you cant do all the stuff the psp is capable of you can play emulaters that let you play like gba,xbox and ps2 games ,say you want to play your favorite game ever it can be on n64 ,gba prtty much any system and homebrew which is homemade games and they make 3.50 emulators so you can play the newest games and still have 1.5 or the golden firmare and you can have custom firmware which can be like all black or like a movie theme and otha cool things so you could do pretty much anything on a psp 1.5...unfortunatly you have to have limunes for the latest downgrade from3.50 to 1.50

Source(s): wish i had lumines
  • fromm
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I also have a psp, and that i had downgrades numerous firmwares. however the only way for you in looking out superb is via *Google* i can not truly supply you lots concepts.. i'm no expert or something. yet people who commonly downgrade their psp is by the fact they go with to have the means to hack, and crammed their psp with emulators, homebrews and candies. in case you have the main recent unique psp firmware. you are able to no longer hack your psp. So truly you're able to the two downgrade the psp or anticipate a downgrader to come again out.

• 1 decade ago

because a lot of people like to mod their PSP so that they can download games for free and put it on their PSP... Pirating...

You need a lower firmware to do this though, so that's why there's downgraders

• 1 decade ago

The higher the firmware the more protection. Most of the homebrew programs run on lower firmwares so you have to downgrade to get them running. If a person wants a higher firmware then you change it to a custom firmware.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bob
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

cause with the upgrades they put patches in that can limit off stuff like moding, so if you downgrade it, its easier to mod, i think.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.