Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How to lose body fat?

okay heres the deal. I'm headed for ninth grade. I want to join the basketball team. I'm a very good basketball player, but I want to get in-shape. School starts July 31st. Is their anyway I can lose some of my stomach fat and anything else?

Favorite Answer

Start with jogging for about 20 minutes everyday for your first week and every week after that add 5-10 minutes to your routine. Every other day do 3 sets of 25 rep sit ups. And ALWAYS eat healthy. Cut out all fast food, soda, juice, candy, and the like. If you crave something sweet, fruit smoothies made w/ non fat yogurt is a great substitute to high fat desserts!

Good luck!

Look up "Atkin's Diet". Basically, this is a diet where you can eat as much as you want so long as it does NOT contain carbs. According to the diet, from the book I have, the first week, you're not supposed to take in anything with carbs. That means no bread, nothing with sugar, etc. Look at the nutritional information. If it has carbs, it's a no-no.

After that first week, you'd start putting yourself on maybe 5 grams of carbs a day, then the next week or so, a little more.

This is basically forcing your body to burn the fat on your body instead of fresh fuel (carbs) that you take in.

The book will state you should see a doctor first before going on such a diet, however I personally feel it's safe.

Make sure to take a vitamin suppliment, like centrim complete. Also, if you start to get any pains in the knees (the book I have mentioned about this) you should take some calcium pills along with the suppliments.

Along with this diet, if you do cardio exercise (since you play basketball, this should not be a problem for you) then you'll find your body fat will disappear pretty quickly.

Cardio exercise is the best way to lose fat. The more energy you burn, the more carbs/fat you'll burn.

Situps, pushups and lifting weights will only build muscle.

Have fun and good luck!

Source(s): Atkin's Diet