ITALY-what does one have to WEAR to the VATICAN CITY i know there are restrictions..?

going there in three days, i want to know so I know wether or not to bring a dress

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

One of the main attractions in Rome is Vatican City. If intending to visit during summer months (May - Sept), make sure you carry a lite t-shirt and pair of track pants or lite trousers in backpack so you can pull over shorts or vest before entering. Vests and shorts aren't considered appropriate attire for entering The Vatican. Just make sure that you have the appropriate clothing for visiting churches and cathedrals. Dress codes are usually very strict & make sure you find out beforehand if the place you are going to visit has any dress codes to avoid trouble (or getting turned away) when you visit Italy. <*-*>

• 4 years ago

The Catholic Church isn't an "organization" like the Rotary club or the girls help Society. The Catholic Church is a divine organization, almost 2000 years previous, based via Jesus Christ and based for the time of historical past in Rome. the human beings of Italy haven't any opt to "take over" the Vatican. Why do you choose them to? Is it incredibly bothering you that plenty? Catholicism one 0 one: The Pope isn't a monarch. he's a non secular chief and the actual head of the Church in the international. Why do no longer you have a challenge with the Dalai Lama or the jap Orthodox patriarch? The Catholic Church has been combating greater durable for human rights for the previous 2000 years than the different denomination or faith on earth. residing an energetic gay life-form isn't a appropriate. Noone has the main marvelous to do what's misguided. Sodomy is a sin - a wakeful option to stay opposite to the organic regulation and the ethical regulation. Peace be to you all+

• 1 decade ago

I went there a couple years ago

basically you just have to cover your legs and shoulders. That means:

no shorts, and no tanktops, etc...

I was really worried about it, wearing a skirt and all. Bring a sarong or something in your backpack and wear it over your pants if they try to block you in. or u could bring a shawl to toss over your shoulders when you go into a chapel... to beat the heat in other places.

don't forget to get some gelato from the little deli store down the street. when my friend and I were doing that in 2005 everyone started going crazy like "La Papa La Papa!" and sure enough, he was cruisin down the lane in the papamovil. I got a little movie of it.. also gelato is delish.

• maiya
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

you can wear pants dresses- but they will not let you Inside the churches with shorts or low cut blouses- is not like in here? and be prepared yo pay to go inside the Basilica- have a beautiful trip

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

whether you're wearing a skirt or pants, it needs to be below your knees. The t-shirt needs to cover you shoulders and it can't be revealing, no boobs and no belly button.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

nothing special, you have wear the same clothes that you wear when you enter in a church

• 1 decade ago

Pants and something breezy!

• 1 decade ago

jeans and a t-shirt

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wear a "God Hates us All" Slayer shirt. Stuff with pentagrams on it. You gotta represent "El Diablo" as he has been the Christian Church's best friend as he has kept it in business.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.